Life is like a theatre...

...and usually people have more than one role in it. Many times during the day people change their masks, pretending to be what they are not, covering their fears, despair, intentions...pretending to be nice...
How many masks do people have? How do you know when you are talking to someone that you are talking to the actual person and not to his mask? How do you know that the smile is sincere? How do you know that what people really think about you is true?
What about being polite? Is that a mask as well? Smile and say hello to somebody whom you dislike...trying to be friends with other people just to get some information out of them. Is it better to be polite and nice with everyone even with those whom you don't like, but just not spend time with them or shall you show to them from the beginning where is the line?
It is just so painful and sad to get disappointed in people. It is so painful to fight for the ones you believe in, believe that they just could not do certain things. You stand for them in discussions, don't believe rumors...and just one day see the tears of other people...tears that the one you believe in caused...How to react to this? Believe the tears and accept that the person is bad, leave them? Or still try to find out the reasons, try to understand why it is all happening?
I am at the crossroads now. I don't know what to believe. But it is just so difficult to stay positive about someone, who's been told to be tricky...Shall I listen to other people who are saying "That person is very tricky, be careful" or "Stay away from them" etc. Or shall I try to build my own opinion? I think I've already had this experience, which ended up badly and I remember myself believing in just the best....but it ended indeed very painfully for me...oh, well, may be I am making a mistake. I will be careful of course, I am fully aware, but I still want to give that person a chance.
Comments